St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
Vestry Meeting Minutes
March 19, 2020
The Vestry meeting was called to order via conference call at 6:34 p.m. by Fr. Tom.
Present Online: Joyce Cashin, Lee Perry, Judy Allen, Fr. Tom, Dick Emerson, David Abernethy (Treasurer), Charlene Connolly (Senior Warden), Yvon Hive, and Don Anderson (Junior Warden). Absent was Van Geoghegan.
Prayer: Fr. Tom led the group in prayer.
Minutes: David moved that the January minutes be approved, and Dick seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved.
Financials: The financials were reviewed with the Vestry by David Abernethy. There was a unanimous consent of the report.
1. David presented the budget for 2020. Income $294,273. Expense $348,636. David recommended the Vestry accept the report as presented with a possibility for amendments or changes throughout the year. Dick moved the budget for 2020 be approved, Lee seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved.
2. Parochial Report: To finalize the signatures for the 2019 Parochial Report, Don Anderson’s signature will be signed by Fr. Tom with the verbal approval of Don heard by the Vestry over the conference call.
3. Election of Junior Warden: Volunteers/nominations were asked for the position of Junior Warden. Dick nominated Don Anderson; David seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved that Don serve another year as Junior Warden.
4. Convention Delegates: Motion was presented by Dave and seconded by Dick to have the following as delegates for the 2020 Convention in Punta Gorda in October. Charlene Connolly, Don Anderson, Van Geoghegan, with alternates first Lee Perry and second Judy Allen.
5. Virus Issues: Following the rules issued by Diocese and health officials, Fr. Tom has shut down all meetings on St. Paul’s campus till the end of March. At that point the situation will be reviewed. Fr. Tom will be doing a live feed of Sunday service and asked for Vestry members to be in attendance at the private service which requires more than just a Priest to celebrate the Eucharist. Three Vestry members are asked to be in attendance at the March 22 and March 29 service.
6. CD renewal: A CD is up for renewal. Dick made a motion to allow Treasurer David to do research and make the best decision for St. Paul’s, seconded by Don. The motion was unanimously approved.
7. Farmers’ Market: The Farmers’ Market has been canceled for the remainder of the season. FM manager Peter has asked for advice on refunds to the vendors who are inquiring about them. For those paid up full, a refund would be $104. The Vestry is giving the approval for Peter to make the decision and if refunding the vendor is the decision he may do so. David will advise Peter and the Comptroller on how to proceed with the refund paperwork. Fr. Tom and the Vestry expressed many thanks to the Farmers’ Market Team and Peter for the great job they did this year.
8. Suntrust Signatures: Don moved that Richard Breithaupt’s signature be removed from all bank accounts of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Naples, Florida held at Suntrust.
The following person is authorized as signatory on all the accounts whose signatory authorities have just been revoked: Charlene Connolly (Senior Warden).The motion was unanimously approved.
Executive Meeting:The Vestry went into Executive Session to discuss issues of pay scales and insurance reimbursements. The following resolutions were passed unanimously:
The Vestry will maintain pay scales as they are in the 2020 budget with the intention to review pay scales as a part of the 2021 budget cycle.
The Vestry will pay Deb Avery the amount of funds that were mistakenly not paid to her for 1/2 of her insurance costs for 2019.
The Vestry decided to meet in two weeks, April 2, to decide in which direction St. Paul’s will go forth, depending on the current situation in the country.
Lee Perry Deborah Avery
Clerk of the Vestry Recording Secretary