street sign
logo

3901 Davis Blvd., two blocks east of Airport Road

map
logo

3901 Davis Blvd., east of Airport Road

street sign
map

Vestry meeting of January 16, 2020

St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
Vestry Meeting Minutes
January 16, 2020
 
The Vestry meeting was called to order at 6:31 p.m. by Fr. Tom. 
 
Members Present: Fr. Tom, Rector; Richard Breithaupt, Senior Warden; Don Anderson, Junior Warden, David Abernethy, Treasurer; Charlene Connolly, Joyce Cashin, Van Geoghegan, Judy Allen, Yvon Hive, Lee Perry, Dick Emerson, and Peter Lund. 
 
Study: Chapter 7 and 8, Cultivating the Missional Church, “Principled Practices by Keeping Covenant” and “Staying Grounded as Disciples”, was reviewed and discussed among the vestry members. The focus was on crafting covenants for Vestry in 2020 going forward.
 
Personal Presentation: Fr. Tom gave a presentation on his life.  
 
Minutes: Richard moved that the December minutes be approved as distributed and Dick seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved.
 
Financials:  The financials were reviewed with the vestry by David Abernethy. There was a unanimous consent of the report. A decision was made to present a brief synopsis  of financials at each meeting and if needed a full report once a year or as necessary.
 
Reports
 
1.      Vestry Election:
Richard reported the terms for Peter, Judy and himself were up. Richard and Peter will go off the Vestry, and Judy has stated she would like to stay on for another term. If the resolution passed in December to drop the Vestry from 12 members to 9, is passed, Judy will be voted in by acclamation and the Vestry will be complete. If the resolution is voted down, Richard will be task to find new Vestry members.
 
2.      SOSP:
Fr. Tom reported that  Bill Kling will leave the board because of their upcoming move away and Barbara Abernathy has come off the board. In February a member from the Society of Saint Paul’s will meet with the Vestry to talk about membership and the financials of the society.
 
3.      Fundraising:
Fr. Tom said a member of St. Paul’s has a fundraising idea. Fr. Tom appointed Richard and Van to meet with him on this new venture.
 
4.      Safety at Farmers’ Market and St. Paul’s:
Fr. Tom said we need an operation plan in place if there are any accidents with events on the St. Paul’s campus. He will share with the Farmers’ Market managers and other leaders a Critical Incident Report to follow if any event occurs. Lee will also contact our church insurance about how possible incidents would be covered and will report to the Vestry in February
 
5.      Communication Committee:
Fr. Tom reported and commended the committee on being very active and doing great work on the Pathway.
 
6.      Farmers’ Market/God’s Gardeners:
Peter said an issue at hand is the traffic thru the St. Paul’s parking lot from the apartment complex across the street. During God’s Gardeners day cones will be placed across the driveway to prevent traffic driving through for our safety. Peter will check in with the sheriff department to see if any thing else can be done to prevent the drive throughs.
 
7.      Resolutions: 
Richard brought to the floor the Resolution for Clergy Housing Allowance. Don approved and Dick seconded, the motion was unanimously approved.
Richard brought to the floor the Saint Paul’s Accountable Reimbursement Plan, for the employees of St. Paul’s. Don approved and Richard seconded, the motion was unanimously approved.
 
8.      Parishioner Drivers:
Michelle Bright needs a ride to and from church. Peter will call her and with the help of Peter, Dick, and Charlene they will get her to and from church.
Elinor Skinner needs a ride to and from church. Van is able to bring Elinor home if someone would bring her to church.
 
9.      Church Contracts:
Fr. Tom will meet with the Brazilian, Holy Name of Jesus, and Armenian Groups in February to discuss their contracts and use of the church and parish hall.
 
10.  Hearing Aids in church:
Fr. Tom said he will investigate the hearing aids and batteries in church.
 
11.  Italian Dinner:
Van announced the Italian Dinner will be February 13. 
 
12.  Thanksgiving:
Van asked that whoever brings food to the dinner, please take home the leftovers.
 
At 8:21 pm the meeting was adjourned.
 
 
Respectfully submitted,
Lee Perry                                                         Deborah Avery                      
Clerk of the Vestry                                         Recording Secretary 

3901 Davis Blvd., Naples, Florida 34104   239-643-0197   Office hours 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday
Need directions? Here is a map  Send us an email