St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
Vestry Meeting Minutes
March 15, 2023
The vestry met in Serson Hall at 6:30 pm. Fr. Tom opened the meeting with having the current and new vestry members introduce themselves to each other. A short Bible study and prayer followed.
Members Present: Fr. Tom: Rector, Rich Shea: Junior Warden, Steve Carnell: Senior Warden, Nora Broszeit: Clerk, Tom Connolly, Susan Cilluffo: Treasure, Peter Lund, Judy Martin, and Linda Lantinen. Lee Barron was absent.
Opening Prayer: Fr. Tom
Announcements: Fr. Tom said he had received a letter of resignation from the vestry from Ken Eastlack.
Linda said she will be resigning in a couple of months due to the sale of their Naples home and they will be moving north.
The bylaws require 9 vestry members. A new one will be appointed. A committee of 3 will formed to find a new member. Rich volunteered to be on the committee.
Minutes: A motion was made by Tom and seconded by Judy to accept the February 15 vestry meeting minutes. The motion was unanimously approved.
Treasurer Report: Susan reported the number of pledges is up but the dollar amount is down. Book sales since inception through March 14 has been $7000. Susan has been working with Truist to have the signers of checks updated. The new signers will be Steve Carnell, Susan Cilluffo, Rich Shea, and Fr. Tom Thoeni.
A resolution was voted on and passed in February to place the monies from the book sales for Outreach this year, and to not list it as income.
1. Planned Giving Campaign: Fr. Tom stated there is a need for awareness to plan for the future of our parishioners and St. Paul’s. Fr. Tom, Susan Cilluffo, Jan Shea, Lee Wieber, Steve Carnell, and Brad Estes will meet March 16 and begin this process.
2. St. Paul’s Phone System: Tom Connolly and Tony Cilluffo are in the process of redoing the phone system which should save up to $100 a month. Fr. Tom asked that they receive feedback from the office during this process.
3. God’s Gardeners/ Property: Peter reported St. Paul’s has purchased a power washer and it has been of great help with the grounds and buildings. Working on the irrigation has been approved and will begin in the near future. A tree company will be hired to take down a dead tree by the church.
4. Meals of Hope: Judy said Meals of Hope express a great big thank you for all the food collected. Up to date it has been 465 lbs.
5. Holy Name of Jesus: Fr. Tom said he has contacted Fr. Panel to work on a Use Agreement. A date has not been set at this time. Steve suggested that the first step should be to meet and talk over what is happening at St. Paul’s presently and what we would like to see happen in the future.
6. Sound System Update: Fr. Tom reported that two companies came to look over the sound system and make bids on the project. We want our parishioners to know we are making progress and maximizing the current system as it exists. Tom Connolly was graciously thanked for his continued work on the sound system and video work.
7. Vestry Retreat: Will be Saturday, March 25 from 1-4:30 pm in Trinity Hall. We plan to focus on team building and goal setting. Tom Connolly stressed the importance of having the budget for the year done at least by September of the year. The vestry agreed.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:35 pm.
8. April vestry meeting: Will be Wednesday, April 19 at 6:30 pm in the library.
Nora Broszeit, Clerk of Vestry Deborah Avery, Recording Secretary