St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
Vestry Meeting Minutes
November 21, 2019
 
The Vestry meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Fr. Tom. 
 
Members Present: Fr. Tom, Rector; Richard Breithaupt, Senior Warden; Don Anderson, Junior Warden, David Abernethy, Treasurer; Charlene Connolly, Joyce Cashin, Van Geoghegan, via telephone-Judy Allen, Yvon Hive, Lee Perry, Dick Emerson, and Peter Lund. 
 
Study: Chapter 5, Cultivating the Missional Church, “Raising Up and Tapping the Catalysts”, was reviewed and discussed among the vestry members. 
 
Fr. Tom opened the meeting with pray.
 
Personal Presentation: Yvon Hive gave a presentation on his life and how he ended up with The Holy Names of Jesus congregation at St. Paul’s. In December, Fr. Tom will give his presentation.
 
Minutes: Van moved that the October minutes be approved as distributed and Lee seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved.
 
Financials:  The financials were reviewed with the vestry by David Abernethy. Pledge/plate offering is up from 2018 and the expenses exceed income YTD by $89,506.37. There was a unanimous consent of the report.
 
Reports
 
1.      Diocesan 2019 “Mission & Ministry Dividend”:
There was a unanimous consent to designate 50 % to Outreach Efforts and 50 % to Capital Improvements from the Diocesan rebate St. Paul’s will be receiving. The amount will be approximately $1400.00.
 
2.      Memorial Gardens:
Fr. Tom discussed an upcoming funeral and the burial of ashes. Ashes are only to be buried in the Memorial Garden and not within the Meditation Garden. 
 
3.      Vestry Tenures and Elections:
Fr. Tom stated the Vestry elections will be coming up quickly. Terms ending in 2019 are Judy Allen, Richard Breithaupt, and Peter Lund. Judy and Peter may stay on another term. Terms ending in 2021 are Charlene Connelly, Yvon Hive and Lee Perry. Fr. Tom will do research from past Vestry meetings to verify the exact terms of each member. Bylaws will be researched to see if the number of Vestry members may be reduced to 9. 
 
 
4.      Housing Allowance:
Don moved and Dick seconded the motion to approve the resolution for Clergy Housing Allowance to be adopted which is raised from $5,000.00 to $6,500.00 for calendar year 2020 and all future years unless otherwise provided by the vestry.( Exhibit attached.) The motion was unanimously approved.
 
5.      Space Renter Contracts:
Fr. Tom will submit the space renter contracts to the Diocese and have them ready to be signed by mid-December for the year 2020.
 
6.      Letter of Agreement:
Fr. Tom reported that Fr. Panel had a letter of agreement with the Labelle FL parish, but now that the parish has been dissolved, there is no longer an agreement. 
Fr. Panel does not have a letter of agreement with St. Paul’s. Fr. Tom will draft one up and run it by Fr. Panel, the diocese and the vestry. This is necessary for Fr. Panel to be fully credentialled at convention.
 
7.      Mutual Ministry Review: 
Fr. Tom asked that the mutual ministry reviews be sent to him. Richard asked if Fr. Tom could simplify the questionnaire by adding numbers to the questions.
 
8.      Contracts:
David reported he reviewed and signed a new contract with Truly Nolen for the coming year for rodent prevention. David also reviewed with Cordova Cleaning Services their contract and will implement it in 2010.
 
9.      Creche:
The creche will go up the second week of Advent.
 
10.  Tree Trimming:
Don made a motion to have the trees between Davis Blvd and the church trimmed back. Dick seconded the motion. After discussion a vote was made, and the motion was not passed.
 
11.  Golf Outing:
Joyce said the 2019 golf outing went very well and 28 participated. She has set the 2020 golf outing for October 10 at Hibiscus. David mentioned he would check with his community golf course to see if a later date could be set at a reasonable fee. This will be discussed at a later date.
 
12.  Thanksgiving:
Van asked that whoever brings food to the dinner, please take home the leftovers.
 
Announcements
 
The executive meeting has not been scheduled at this time.
The next scheduled Vestry meeting is a combined meeting/potluck meal in Trinity Hall on Thursday, Thursday, December 12, at 6:00 pm. Fr. Tom will send out an email to collect info on what dishes everyone will bring. Fr. Tom will supply the beverages.
 
Respectfully submitted,
Lee Perry                                                         Deborah Avery                      
Clerk of the Vestry                                         Recording Secretary