St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
Vestry Meeting Minutes
March 21, 2019
The Vestry meeting began at 6:30 pm with Fr. Tom reviewing the handout, Healthy Versus Unhealthy Conflict Index. Feedback and discussion followed.
The meeting was brought to order by Fr. Tom at 6:38 pm followed with a prayer.
Members Present: Richard Breithaupt, Senior Warden; Don Anderson, Junior Warden; Dave Abernethy, Treasurer; Fr. Tom, Rector, Judy Allen, Charlene Connolly, Yvon Hive, Dick Emerson, Peter Lund, Lee Perry, Joyce Cashin, and Van Geoghegan.
Minutes & Financials: Richard moved, and Dick seconded a motion that the February minutes and financials be approved as distributed. The motion was unanimously approved.
- Appointment of Clerk of the Vestry:
Don moved, and Dick seconded the motion of the appointment of Clerk of the Vestry to Lee Perry, by Fr. Tom.. The motion was unanimously approved.
- Treasurer Report:
David Abernethy reviewed the financial report. Richard moved to close out the Jubilee Balance, Don seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved.
- Rector’s Report:
- Air Conditioner: The Adm. Asst. was instructed to call Joe Perez to approve his company to replace the compressor in the sanctuary.
- High Water Bill: Don and Burton Tucker contacted the City of Naples to check out the huge increase in the water bill. Don researched bills from 2016-2019. Possibilities of increase: supplementing irrigation with city water/washing windows on campus/spray washing sidewalks on campus/ icemaker. Don has given to Richard for Long Range Planning, the task of breaking the lot south of the church into 2 zones for irrigation.
- Dishwasher: The newly purchased dishwasher was removed March 21, and will be replaced with a commercial sanitizer with in two weeks.
- Ice Machine: Ice machine was taken out March 21. Cost to fix it around $1000. The Adm. Asst. was instructed to call and have Always Speedy destroy the ice machine. It was decided to hold off on purchasing a new one for a few months to see if it really is needed.
- Vestry/Delegate election process: Exhibit for the process of Vestry elections is attached. Modified: the Nominating Committee is appointed by the Rector and announced at least 30 days prior to the Annual Meeting. Announcement of the nominations of Vestry members will be made no later than December.
- Sexton and funding: Still in process.
- Date and Time of next Vestry Meeting: Because of Holy Week, Vestry will be a week early. Executive board will meet April 4, and Vestry on April 11 at 6:30 pm. Vestry retreat will be May 4, time and place to be announced.
- Committee Reports:
- Charlene, Judy, and Van reported possible thefts in the locked kitchen closet in Trinity Hall and the Sacristy in the church.
- Summer Sunday Monthly Brunches will continue this upcoming summer.
- The fourth Sunday of Lent, Fr. Tom will have an Instructive Service, on Sunday.
- A Recognition Picnic will be held the last Saturday of Farmers’ Market, April 13, for the Farmers’ Market volunteers and anyone involved with the Farmers’ Market success.
Fr. Tom called for the meeting to be adjourned at 7:17 p.m. All stood to show unanimous approval.
Clerk of the Vestry